Sunday, April 02, 2006

A Note to Fellow Bloggers: Don't You Do What I Have Done!

Oh fellow bloggers,

Do not do what I have done.

I backed up my Blogger template because I was trying to switch to putting Emergiblog over at Yahoo, complete with my own domain name (which I own at enom.com) and an emergiblog.com mailbox.

But it didn't work right.

So I put my Blogger template back. Only now my posts are all screwed up in terms of line breaks and symmetry and all the obsessive-compulsive things I put into each one.

Now they just read like big, fat paragraphs.

Only when I go to edit them back, they are in pristine condition, but republishing them does not change them back to normal.

Don't ever do this, trust me, I'm very depressed right now.

And certainly don't try it after a night shift......

UPDATE! UPDATE! In the "Formatting" section of Settings? There is a tab to select "convert" line breaks. Somewhere in the process of trying to move things around, "No" got selected when I wanted "YES"! Geeze, I feel like someone just gave my "baby" a miracle cure!



5 Comments:

At 4/02/2006 11:26:00 AM, Blogger kenju said...

Sorry, Kim, and I promise not to do it because I am barely able to get a post up on Blogger, let alone doing it somewhere else. That's a great cartoon to go along with your frustration!

 
At 4/02/2006 02:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*comfort* I know what that's like. Very discouraging.

When I moved from Blogger to my own domain and server, I left my blogger pages right where they were, although I also importated them into my WordPress program and my new blog. Now I have some posts in two places, but that doesn't hurt anything.

If you need help, just holler!

 
At 4/02/2006 04:10:00 PM, Blogger KHP said...

Oooh, that must be SO aggravating. Sorry to hear about the template issues. If it makes you feel any better, I still love your blog! (And I know I'm not the only one!) :)

 
At 4/03/2006 08:23:00 AM, Blogger Dream Mom said...

Wow, I almost did that last night! I'll definitely be more careful. Thanks for the heads up!!!

 
At 4/04/2006 09:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Blogger can be a struggle sometimes...

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog, by the way..

I'm excited to be entering the world of ED, (where I did my student preceptorship, and fell in love with it)

And I have a date finally!!! (April 23)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.