Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Sign of the Four

Ummmmm......

Oooookaaaaay......

Midol made Betty gay?

They key to same-sex attraction has been in an over-the-counter pill all this time?

How does that explain the guys?

Did they get into their sister's stash of Midol and there was no turning back?

Well, hey, at least Betty is happy. She probably called Steve, broke up and asked Shirley to the soda fountain hop.

Who knew?

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have been "tagged".

Normally I do not participate in "tagging" because this is a professional blog where only professional matters are discussed. It is not about me.

Like hell!

It's TOTALLY about me!

So, thanks to Kimberly at R_N For Your Life, you shall now learn more than you ever wanted to know about....

Me.
  • 4 Jobs I Have Had In My Life:
    • Registered Nurse
    • Nurse's Aide
    • Telephone Sales for Montgomery Wards, in their Appliance Extended Warranty Department. Freakin' hell on earth.
    • Waitress at Bumbleberry's Restaurant (now defunct - similar to Marie Calendar's); spent all my tips on albums
  • 4 Movies I Could Watch Over and Over:
    • A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) - hands down, the best freakin' movie ever made. So creepy, so sad, so totally futuristically cool! Such a beautiful mix of Speilberg AND Stanley Kubrick in one, beautiful homage to the eternal story of Pinochio and the moral question of our responsibility to artificially created intelligent beings. I own it, I watch it regularly. You HAD to see this on the big screen. I saw it four times in the theater. I was the only person bawling into my tissue! If you do watch it now, make sure it is on a large screen TV, preferably with all the lights out and when it is raining! DAMN good movie!
    • I, Robot - Will Smith in the shower, OK? I'm just sayin'. A great rendering of Isaac Asimov's classic novel - his whole robot series is mesmerizing. SO sci-fi! When I came home (saw it twice in the theater), I looked into what it would cost to rent one of those robots that Mazda makes ("Asimo").....it was something like $300,000 per day. Guess I'll have to get me a robot vacuum instead.....
    • Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Martin Freeman as a yarn man vomiting up yarn in a bin. I'm just sayin'! Actually, I was also partial to Zaphod Beeblebrox. Hilarious movie if you are hip to British humor and if you are just hip in general. I saw it late on opening night (three times total) and there were only six of us in the theater and we were ALL hip to the Douglas Adams vibe. I laughed so hard I cried. Who you calling a nerd?
    • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - Barry Gibb in Technicolor, OK? I'm just sayin'! I saw this four times in the theater in one day! Of course, this was prior to my becoming an RN and having responsibilities. I saw it alone, then took my little sister, then took my friend and then took my fiance! And he married me anyway! I love the Bee Gees and they do fantastic versions of the Beatles' hits. Of course Peter Frampton looks like a powder puff but I saw him in concert a couple of years ago and he looks mighty fine with no hair!
  • 4 Websites I Visit Regularly:
    • James Lileks - at lileks.com , writer extrodinaire, hilarious blog called "The Bleat" - trust me, all he writes about is his day and you'll be rolling in the aisles! And he is one of my "blog parents"! If you check him out, you have to read his archives - he's been "blogging" since 1997!
    • Praying For Karis - at www.aup.org/Karis. She is a friend of my son's at Notre Dame who has just gone through the second transplant of her entire digestive tract. This is a website the family put up a few years ago to keep friends and family in the loop.
    • Stuff On My Cat - at stuffonmycat.com. This site is exactly what it says. Pictures of cat whose owners have put stuff on them. You have to see it. It's hard to describe.
    • Emergiblog - at, well, here! (1) because it's my blog and (2) this is where I link to everybody else so I can read your blogs!
  • 4 of my Favorite Foods
    • Avocados
    • Guacamole
    • Diet Pepsi - fountain
    • Quarter Pounder With Cheese - I have no shame!
  • 4 Places I Would Rather Be Right Now
    • Mendocino, California - I was meant to live on an ocean bluff
    • Hollywood, California - as an American Idol finalist (or sitting on Simon's lap, I'm not picky).
    • England and Scotland - because I definitely feel the roots of my ancestors calling to me from across the Atlantic, and because they have totally cool television and that is where Martin Freeman lives. And they have Judi Dench and Patricia Rutledge. Oh, I'm sorry, don't know who they are? Well, I suggest you spend more time with the BBC, thank you.
    • Australia - I want to volunteer to work at Roo Gully, it is a sanctuary for kangaroos (and other animals) with the goal of getting them back into the wild. I am a foster mom to a 'roo and this would definitely be a working vacation. For a few months. For some reason my hubby says no. Maybe because there are no ugly men in Australia.
  • 4 Most Wonderful Places I Have Been
    • Mendocino, California - stunning
    • St John's - the one place in the Carribean I remember with fondness
    • Puerto Rico - shaking hands with Steve Perry
    • Mexico - at the market in Mazatlan feeling guilty that I was supposed to bargain with the already low prices for these totally cool things.
  • 4 Books I Could Read Over and Over
    • Shelby Foote's 3000 page, 3 volume Civil War Trilogy. Truly amazing...
    • The Complete Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (all the books)
    • The entire Mitford Series by Jan Karon
    • The entire Isaac Asimov catalouge
  • 4 Songs I Could Listen To Everyday
    • "My Immortal" - Evanescence
    • Anything by Journey
    • The entire "Mad Season" album by Matchbox 20
    • Anything by Robin Gibb (or the Bee Gees)
  • 4 Reasons I Blog
    • I enjoy writing (and being read)
    • I learn so much more - it's like free CEUs
    • I love reading what everyone else writes and feeling like a part of the community
    • It has brought home how similar we all are, no matter where we are from, that never ceases to give me goosebumps!
  • 4 People To Tag
    • I am too embarrasssed/shy to tag someone
    • Any volunteers willing to take this on?

Now that you all have officially "Too Much Information" on me, I shall sink, red faced into the oblivion of the internet.....or more specifically a bubblebath!

UPDATE: DR. FLEA HAS VOLUNTEERED TO BE TAGGED!
UPDATE NUMBER TWO: BIG MAMA DOC IS UP FOR TAGGING!
UDATE NUMBER THREE: MARY AT "A MOTE IN THE LIGHT" HAS JUST BEEN TAGGED!



10 Comments:

At 3/31/2006 02:40:00 AM, Blogger Big Lebowski Store said...

Go ahead, baby, tag me.

Flea

 
At 3/31/2006 08:19:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Deb said...

So fun. I like reading and learning about bloggers, be it a personal or professional blogger.

 
At 3/31/2006 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Robin said...

I remember that Sgt. Pepper movie so well. It was what opened the door to Beatles music for me. Little freaky though.

And I read all the Hitchhiker's books a couple years ago. Never did see the movie though.

In fact, I finally saw "I Robot" just two weeks ago. Pretty interesting. Reminded me of "Minority Report" for some reason.

 
At 3/31/2006 04:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on your music choices. My kids turned me on to Evanescence and I have most of the music on my iPod. I love Journey, too (and a bunch of Steve Perry's solo stuff...). Matchbox 20 is great...
I could take or leave the Bee Gees, though...I'd put Fountains of Wayne in there instead or B*witched.

 
At 3/31/2006 05:42:00 PM, Blogger Fat Doctor said...

Oh! Oh! Over here! Yeah, me!

*hand waving wildly in air*

I wanna be tagged. Do you physically have to send me something or do I just copy and answer?

 
At 3/31/2006 10:06:00 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Kim,
I love your taste in movies, we could definitely have a Movie marathon, you and I.
We have a lot in common, I'm an Anglophile too (yes I know who Judy and Patricia are)
I also love "My immortal" but it makes me too sad to hear more then once a sitting.

 
At 4/01/2006 04:42:00 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Mama Doc, you are officially tagged!

 
At 4/01/2006 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I've done this one before and a variation of it...but LOVED reading yours.

Hh

 
At 4/01/2006 04:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish someone would tag "Kevinmd" Because... well...he posts so much, but yet says so little. Does he LIKE anything? Does he watch movies? Someone pleaseeee tag him!

 
At 4/03/2006 12:24:00 PM, Blogger mary said...

still looking for volunteers to be "tagged"? If so, that's my hand waving there, see?

Seriously, I had to go look up a bunch of stuff in Google to figure out what "tagging" means vis a vis blogs.

But now I know. And I'm sure the world is waiting breathlessly to find out my favorite books and songs and stuff. Right? Right.

mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.