Wednesday, March 08, 2006

New Friends, Loose Ends

Ah, the cigarette anatomy class!

That double filtered Viceroy tip always messed me up on exams.

I could never get the number of filters right.

One nurse (on the left) had clinical experience with the double filter, so for her, this was just a review.

Wearing caps was a requirement for that class.

Just for the record, that is exactly how my cap looks except the stripe is forest green with a tiny gold stripe in the middle.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've added a couple of links to my sidebar.

Marcus at Fixin' Healthcare was his state's representative at the winter meeting of the National Governors Association.

The weekend was devoted to the 2006 Healthy America Forum. Marcus has devoted a series of posts to the topic(s) of the forum.

Many of us are exasperated by the state of healthcare, Marcus is actually in a position to help affect changes. Very exciting!

The first three posts should have been in Grand Rounds, but (ahem) they vanished into the ether and more have been posted. Check 'em out!

Treatment Online is a web site that describes itself as "... the internet destination for the very best in psychological support and evaluation."

Jon had submitted a great article from that site, on "ADHD and Amphetamines" that also pulled a vanishing act this week at GR.

It was a good article for me because I have little knowledge of ADHD, and yet saw a nephew's GPA rise from a 1.8 to a 3.8 after he was diagnosed at 14 and placed on medication. Another good read, sure to be controversial in some areas.

And I think that brings me up-to-date on missing linkage! LOL!

Oh, do yourself a favor and click on Doc Around the Clock on my sidebar to check out his parody of "American Idol" called "American Demerol". It's so good Randy would put him in the dawg pound!!! Get ready to split a gut laughing......

9 Comments:

At 3/08/2006 08:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to many coincidences - that is also exactly how my cap looked except I had the traditional black band instead of your green...

 
At 3/09/2006 12:54:00 PM, Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

this made me chuckle...

 
At 3/09/2006 01:16:00 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Kim... *where* do you get all those awesome old advertisements?? I love that kind of stuff. Plus, I find the combination of marketing and medicine strangely compelling. "Hi, I'm not a doctor, but I play one on tv."

 
At 3/09/2006 02:58:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

One of my supervisors is a man who wears a white coat.. Many patients mistake him for a doctor and he says what Robin did above.."I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV..".. I also love your pictures that you post.. How do you find them? or is it as trade secret.. Don't know if you've checked my link page lately?? SIGH.. Heee
Heee

 
At 3/09/2006 03:16:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

P.S.. Boy, that was fast!! Hee Hee

 
At 3/10/2006 05:13:00 AM, Blogger marcus said...

Kim,

Thanks for the attention and the kind words. I will continue to boost health promotion and disease prevention, and I will find ways for all of you to participate.

These are interesting and difficult times. The health care blogs such as the ones included in Grand Rounds fuel my hope and enthusiasm for the future. Each of us makes a difference and together we are tidal wave.

Best regards,
Marcus

 
At 3/10/2006 02:28:00 PM, Blogger Margaret Polaneczky, MD (aka TBTAM) said...

(Cringing...) I hate to tell you this, but your sidebar is still invisible for me (I use IE, not firefox)

Anything I can do to help? I'm not the worlds expert on html, but I love to fiddle...

 
At 3/10/2006 03:17:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

IE has always been a bugger - but...the info is there, just scroll waaaaaay down to the bottom and it actually is on the side BELOW the posts!

In a wierd font!

I have Safari, IE and Firefox available on my Powerbook and I'd say that the site looks best on Firefox and Safari. IE sucks, but maybe that's because my MAC refuses to play nice with a Windows invention! LOL!

 
At 3/11/2006 06:20:00 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Oh, Kim, on that 'sidebar way down the bottom of the page' thing... I find that if I "republish entire blog," that usually fixes the problem for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.