Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Grand Rounds Information for March 7, 2006

UPDATE: HEY ALL YOU GRAND ROUNDS SUBMITTERS, I HAVE MONDAY OFF SO I HAVE BACKED UP THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE TO 1700 (5:00 pm). AND BLESS MY COLLEAGUE-WHO-IS-GETTING-HER-PHD-IN-NURSING FOR SWITCHING WITH ME!


hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


I call this composition "Homeless Man Diagnoses Appendicitis in ER Waiting Room With Mother Draped in Blanket While Child Freezes With Wreath on Head".

There was no HIPPA back then, you know.


Now, regarding next week's Grand Rounds here at Emergiblog.

I will be doing the majority of work on the submissions over the weekend and would appreciate all submissions by Monday morning, 1700 (5:00pm) Pacific time.

Please don't wait until the last minute or visions of Eneman will haunt your dreams forever!

The theme will be "Grand Rounds in the Emergency Department" and because no one is ever turned away from the ED, all posts will be included in one of the triage categories.

I shall say no more.

Except that you should send all submissions to: kmcallister911 at yahoo dot com.

By the way, that is Hippocrates up there.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was going to ask for pity on myself because I have to do three twelve-hour shifts in a row this week to make up for the time I was in Portland.

Then I thought of all the residents and registrars out there who would split a gut laughing at someone complaining about twelve-hour shifts with actual sleep in between each one.

Guess I don't have it so bad after all!

5 Comments:

At 2/28/2006 01:44:00 PM, Blogger Shig said...

Hey, 12 hours is only a half day! (and don't forget to include transplant coordinators in your we-who-are-splitting-a-gut list) Cheers!

 
At 3/01/2006 02:26:00 PM, Blogger kenju said...

A good attitude always helps!

 
At 3/01/2006 04:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twelve hours is tough, don't let those whining residents diminish your pain and suffering.

Also, this is the first time I've read your blog and I laughed out loud at the caption for that painting.

 
At 3/01/2006 04:37:00 PM, Blogger may said...

yeah, interns have 36 hours shift. i guess that gives them more right to be...

 
At 3/02/2006 07:23:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Hey, good luck culling all the great stuff that is out in the blogosphere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.