Friday, February 17, 2006

Twenty Thousand Reads Under the "E"

Sometime during this evening, while I was working, the site counter for Emergiblog hit over 20,000.

I am floored.


I'd like to thank the following:

  • My mom for her 500 hits.
  • For all the Grand Rounds hosts who included Emergiblog in their posts, and to those who may not have included Emergiblog, but gave me the opportunity to learn from some of the best and to expand my horizons.
  • Those who were searching for a 1976 Olympic Gold Medal Figure Skater's Haircut and thought they could find it here for their 500 hits.
  • To Bora at Circadiana for my very first link.
  • To everyone who reads Emergiblog, thank you so much for taking the time to read. Most of you are bloggers, you know what it is like to have someone appreciate your work. I am humbled by the number of readers who consider Emergiblog a place to laugh, cry, commiserate and learn.
  • And to those bloggers who I have found and linked to - I look forward to reading you every day. The list is getting long! Monday may have to be doctor's day, Tuesday, nurses day, etc! LOL! I have just begun to link!
And finally, this blog was recently visited by someone who I consider one of the best writers of any genre in the business. Blogs, books, novels, podcasts, op-ed pieces, columns. You name it, they've done it.

I'll go as far as to say it wasn't Glenn Reynolds, but other than that I shall keep it anonymous.

To me it was like being a lowly law clerk having your brief read by the Supreme Court!

You know who you are....your visit was the highlight of my blogging "career". Thanks .

If this were the Acadamy Awards, the orchestra would have started playing now to tell me to shut up.

So I will.....except.....

And thanks again to everyone - I look forward to more fun and posting in 2006!



15 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 05:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, you have a very interesting blog! I'm glad I found it. I'm not at all surprised that you have a lot of hits! :-)

 
At 2/17/2006 08:27:00 AM, Blogger may said...

you are most welcome!
a big shout out to your mom :)
and also, thanks for the link ...

 
At 2/17/2006 09:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kim. That is quite a milestone. However, based on the quality of your writing, I am not the least surprised that you have that many people reading!

 
At 2/17/2006 04:37:00 PM, Blogger Shig said...

I love your blog, I tell every ER nurse I know about it!

 
At 2/17/2006 08:45:00 PM, Blogger kenju said...

I am no surprised either, Kim. Keep up the good work and congrats on the first 20K.

 
At 2/18/2006 04:46:00 AM, Blogger mary said...

I'm dying to know what author visited you...but whoever it was, I'm glad you came to their attention. You deserve it, this is a consistently interesting, well-written blog. Kudos!

 
At 2/18/2006 06:38:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Deb said...

You made me LOL with the shout out to your mom.

Continued success. This is a great blog.

~Deb

 
At 2/18/2006 09:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To echo everyone else . . .you do have a great blog, and I love both your sense of humor and your compassion! Here's to the next 20,000 . . . ;o)

Oh, and thanks to your links, I have found other great blogs.

 
At 2/18/2006 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Congrats Kim!

 
At 2/18/2006 02:25:00 PM, Blogger marcus said...

You speak to life and work with enthusiasm and honesty. That resonates with people. I love your Norman Rockwell style pictures.

 
At 2/18/2006 04:12:00 PM, Blogger PaedsRN said...

I know your dirty little secret!

You pepper the blog with references to Dorothy Hamill and American Idol!!! LOL

Very sneaky search engine placement, indeed ;) Nice going on the 20k mate.

 
At 2/19/2006 05:10:00 AM, Blogger punchberry said...

Congratulations Kim! You write a great blog and deserve all of the attention, even without including photos of the haircut!!!

 
At 2/19/2006 08:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, your blog is THE BEST. I'm a former ER nurse now an NP in family practice. I can so relate to what you write about.

 
At 2/20/2006 05:22:00 AM, Blogger missbhavens said...

When I finished nursing school three years ago the first thing out of my mouth was "what do you MEAN there's no HATS??!!!"

I thought it would be terrific if my pals and I wore nurse caps to graduation. I found mine on ebay (it's snowy white and starched as all get out and has a thin navy velvet stripe and white bobby pins) then everyone else forgot.

I frequently contemplate wearing it to work with my (plain ceil blue) scrubs.

Hats ROCK!

 
At 3/01/2006 11:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bring a unique perspective, sublime presentation, and copious quantities of 'joy of life' to your work. Thank you.
djsloan / houston
ce2k_inc on yahoo's dot com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.