Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I'd Like To Place A Call To Grand Rounds!

It seems Miss Ames, RN has gotten a phone call!

Why, she's been invited over to Grand Rounds !

Kevin,MD is hosting this week and the best of the medical blogosphere is overflowing with stories, information and once again, new blogs to get to know (at least for me).

Kevin has quite a wonderful blog. I can't believe it has taken me this long to find it! I won't be a stranger.

Speaking of stranger, it looks like Cherry's co-worker is not happy about the call at all.

Could it be that Cherry takes too many personal phone calls at work?

Nah, Cherry Ames is the perfect nurse!

The other nurse is just upset that she wasn't invited to Grand Rounds.

But you are invited!

Do come!

hhhhhhhhhhhh


I also forgot to mention that Emergiblog has a post in the latest "Carnival of the Mundane", this time hosted by Kaply over at her blog. It's my post on using the nursing process to assess your boxes of candy. Truly a skill that all should possess.





4 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 08:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Nurse Kim . . . why oh why can't I have someone like you in my local ER? I do my best to keep a "sense of the humor" when I'm in intense pain but most of the nurses here just don't get it. Maybe because I'm in a small town in North Georgia where a sense of humor is not required. However, you are a riot and that alone would help with some of the pain. I have migraines "with complications" -- those complications being seizures. I have to actually "seize" sometimes before I'm taken seriously.

 
At 1/24/2006 08:13:00 AM, Blogger Fat Doctor said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog for the past couple of weeks - I'm linking you on mine. Please let me know if that is not OK. Thanks!

 
At 1/24/2006 01:23:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Thank you MamaDoc!

 
At 1/27/2006 04:11:00 PM, Blogger mary said...

I got my RN in 1976...and the first paper I wrote in the prerequisite English Comp class was "Why I Chose My Major" (or something like that) and the title of my paper was:

"Blame it on Cherry Ames".

:-)

Love your blog, and am SO RELIEVED to find a fellow nurse who owes it all (or blames it all on) Cherry!

There's a Cherry Ames page online, which may be where you got some of your pics, but if not: http://www.cherryamespage.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.