Sunday, January 22, 2006

Life Begins At 90!

I found this little nurse doll online and fell in love with her, although her cap is sort of out of proportion...

Boy, that last post on migraines sure inspired a lot of comments. It also introduced me to some excellent discussion boards and weblogs - I've now added a "Patients of the Blogosphere" link to the sidebar. Check them out for a look at us from the perspective of a patient. I'll add more as I come across them. I'll also be adding more in the paramedic section, too.

Usually I have a ton of time to blog, but no ideas. Now I have little time to blog and a TON of ideas! So tomorrow, it's just me and my blog.....

After I attend my grandfather's 90th birthday party tomorrow!

One day I'll tell the story of how he set off the LifeAlert system while climbing onto his roof to fix a tile. In his eighties. Couldn't figure out why all those sirens were coming closer and closer until they stopped in front of his house. Caught red-handed, he was!

He stopped a 4-pack-a-day cigarette habit cold turkey in 1963. I asked him if he still wanted a cigarette. He said sure, but wantin' didn't mean he had to have it. They just don't make 'em like that anymore...



5 Comments:

At 1/22/2006 08:00:00 AM, Blogger kenju said...

He sounds a lot like my dad, who climbed up on my roof when he was 78 to vent my clothes dryer, and painted his house (2-stories) when he was 82-3. He also quit smoking cold turkey; a 60 some year habit.

 
At 1/22/2006 02:06:00 PM, Blogger PaedsRN said...

That cap would keep the rain out pretty good though :)

 
At 1/22/2006 02:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ryc: Thanks Kim--I didn't know that. Thank you for coming out and asking these women. Nobody ever asked me . . .Hopefully the family doctors will make it part of their assessment as well. BTW, I love your blog!

 
At 1/22/2006 06:27:00 PM, Blogger The new Third Degree Nurse said...

I love your grandfather.

Give him a birthday hug for me. After my last marriage, I wouldn't even go out with anybody that smoked. I'm a reformed smoker but there's nothing sadder than a smoker who won't quit until the day the get the biopsy on their cancer. Except maybe the smoker who continues to smoke despite the oxygen tent...

 
At 1/23/2006 12:39:00 AM, Blogger PaedsRN said...

BTW Kim I had to alter the GN post you commented on after you posted, sorry! You were too quick for me :) Sometimes I publish rather than save to draft, bad habit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.