Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving: An American Tradition



Abraham Lincoln said :

"[It is] announced in the Holy Sciptures
and proven by all history,
that those nations are blessed whose God is the Lord...
It has seemed to me fit and proper that... [God's blessings]
should be solemnly, reverently, and gratefully acknowledged,
as with one heart and one voice,
by the whole American people."


So as I head to work on this holiday of Thanksgiving, I'll be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledging my thanks to God for my country and my freedoms.

I will also be thankful for our men and women serving in the armed forces and for the millions of people are newly able to embrace the freedoms that I take for granted every day.

I'll also thank God for my family, our health, and for my wonderful profession and for the continuing ability to make a small difference in the world.

Happy Thanksgiving!





3 Comments:

At 11/24/2005 05:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Once again, you have said better than I could have...

 
At 11/24/2005 09:15:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Deb said...

To you and yours as well.

~Deb

 
At 11/25/2005 04:34:00 PM, Blogger kenju said...

Kim, I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.