Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I'd Like To Thank the Academy.....

I'm happier than Linus when his blanket comes out of the dryer! Seriously! Emergiblog is now the "October Nurse Blog of the Month" over at Mediblogopathy! My heartfelt thanks to everyone who voted. I hope you stayed and checked out the site if that was your first visit. Hypnokitten has linkage to about a bazillion nurse blogs, with about 20 more or so set to be added. I have just scratched the surface. I intend to check out every one of them!



I am now the proud owner of the entire "Cherry Ames" nurse series AND a pristine "Cherry Ames" nursing game! And no, I did not decide to mortgage the house and attack eBay!

These were a gift from a colleague, the one who is going for her PhD in nursing! She is always afraid that she sounds like a boring academic, but she has the most amazing storehouse of nursing knowledge; history, nursing models, nursing theories. And she makes it interesting. She's the only (near)PhD in nursing I've ever met/seen who is young, dynamic and almost makes me want to go get my BSN. She would make an amazing nursing instructor.


If this photo does not depict how it feels after running for an entire night shift, then nothing does. Obviously, Tweety is a night nurse. I'd call the photo, "0800: Good Night Nurse" .
It was too cute to pass up.





My Lego Gal has received a makeover! Hey, if Emergiblog can win October Nurse Blog of the Month, I can get a Lego makeover!
A girl's gotta splurge now and then...



7 Comments:

At 11/10/2005 05:50:00 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations, Kim!

 
At 11/10/2005 01:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!
LOVE the makeover. Are the book and coffee symbolic of something?

 
At 11/10/2005 02:36:00 PM, Blogger kenju said...

Congratulations! I voted, so I am glad to know it mattered. Like the new Lego nurse, too.

 
At 11/11/2005 07:25:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Deb said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!


Wow, this is wonderful!

~Deb

 
At 11/11/2005 11:40:00 AM, Blogger HypnoKitten said...

Kim - would you email me? It's in my profile.

-HK

 
At 11/11/2005 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Kim said...

The book is because I always have my nose in one ("Mark Twain- A Life" by Ron Powers is the latest) and coffee because it is truly the nectar of the gods....LOL

 
At 11/14/2005 05:42:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Where are you getting these incredible pictures for your posts? They are too cute! I collect nursing graphics compulsively when I can. You should go back for your BSN and higher. Too many nurses feel like they can't go on for whatever reasons. I did it and am nowing going for my family nurse practitioner. It's hard but possible. I always think of the light at the end of the tunnel and the awesome ability to treat my patients like I want to as a practitoner. Autonomy rules!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.