Monday, September 19, 2005

Mmmmm....I Love This ER!

Boy, the things you find on the internet! I found this watch by accident; having noticed a Nancy Drew watch in a Google search, I figured there had to be a Cherry Ames version and here it is! I needed a new watch anyway, so it should be here within a week. Everytime I check a pulse, I'll be reminded why I became a nurse! How often do you own a watch that makes you smile?

Have you ever heard the song, "I Love This Bar" by Toby Keith? Every time I hear it all I can think is that someone should write a version called "I Love This ER". Okay, I'll do it! The original lyrics were by Toby Keith and Scott Emrich and the song is off the "Shock'n Y'all" album. My apologies in advance to them both. Here is my version:

We got winners,
We got losers,
Chain smokers and boozers,
We got chest pain,
We got fractures ,
Some psychotic nerve wrackers.
And the people who just had to crash their cars.
Mmmm, I love this ER.

We got dyspnecs,
Some have scabies,
Folks afraid they have rabies,
We got vomit,
We got bleeding,
Folks who cut themselves weeding,
And men who are afraid that they'll have scars.
Mmmm, I love this ER.

Chorus
I love this ER.
It's a hoppin' place.
Don't bother to get dressed up
But wear good underwear just in case.....
Expect to be late
Because you will wait.
Mmmm, I love this ER.

We got old folks,
Kids with fever ,
Homeless and overachievers.
We got nurses, we got medics,
Drunks whose lives are pathetic
And they pee enough to fill a Mason jar.
Mmmm, I love this ER...Yes, I do.

Instrumental Interlude

I like my books.
I like my friends.
I'd like to read on my lunch break.
If I could have one now and then....

But, I love this ER.
It's a happenin' spot.
And the patients all come in, at seven pm on the dot.
Give your co-pay
Before you stay.
Mmmm, I love this ER.

Mmmm, I love this old ER.




6 Comments:

At 9/20/2005 09:09:00 AM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I think that if this nursing gig doesn't work out (haha)...perhaps you have a future in lyric-writing! :)

Hh

 
At 9/20/2005 11:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! Brilliant! :)

 
At 9/20/2005 03:33:00 PM, Blogger Leann said...

Just found your blog. Loved it, will be back!

 
At 9/20/2005 06:20:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Verrrrrrrry funny!

~Deb

 
At 9/22/2005 06:06:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I will just have to pass this on to my friends in the ER at my hospital. I will pop back through soon and put a link on my page for sure! Very interesting!

 
At 8/28/2022 11:18:00 AM, Anonymous Fire Restoration Waterford said...

Nice blog ppost

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.